Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS) incorporates management concepts & reality-based skills integrating them with the latest changes in the business environment. The programme concentrates on specialized areas such as accounting, finance, human resource management, or marketing. It also builds a foundation in allied areas such as language, economics, statistics, and law that help students to understand management practices & market needs. Because of the entrepreneurial skills & functional expertise nurtured, graduates eventually become effective agents of change in society.
Key Learning Outcomes
● Get conceptual knowledge and nurture adaptive business and generic skills to meet the needs of a fast-changing globalized market
● Acquire essential knowledge and skills or attitudes in relation to business, industry, and governance so as to promote professionalism
● Gain insight and understanding of business & administration to develop a general perspective for holistic management
● Develop required attitudes, abilities and practical skills vital for becoming competent, responsible business managers
● Encourage entrepreneurial capabilities in order to produce effective agents of change in Nepalese society and generate employment
The BBS develops students into competent managers for any sector of organized activity. The programme is based on the principles that graduates will spend a major portion of their life in a constantly changing environment. Therefore the student should have an opportunity to obtain a broad knowledge of the concepts and reality-based skills underlying the operation and management of organizations.
A popular degree, the BBS is considered as a course with good job prospects. The degree strengthens students’ fundamentals for higher studies and provides the knowledge to work in the commerce field and also in areas related to corporate affairs such as PR, HR, or marketing.
Importantly, the degree offers opportunities for specialization and encourages entrepreneurial development. There are chances for diverse careers.
Careers by Area
● Banking & Insurance – Entry-level positions in banks, finance, and insurance companies
● Manufacturing & Service Industries – Marketing, finance, operations & human resources managers
● Entrepreneurship – Self-entrepreneurship with the acquired enthusiasm and learning
● Government, NGOs & INGOs – Administrative positions in various capacities in different organizations
● Stock Market – Brokers, investors, or portfolio managers
● Sales & Marketing – Advertisement or sales managers & management trainees
● Accounting – Finance managers, accountants & auditors
● Human Resources – Jobs related to hiring, placements, and performance evaluation & appraisals Course Structure