M Sc Microbiology
M Sc Microbiology is a competitive international-level research-oriented 2-year 4-semester course with adequate hands-on exposure that covers the disciplines of General Microbiology, Immunology, and Microbial Biochemistry along with one selection for specialization from four disciplines – Medical Microbiology, Public Health Microbiology, Food Microbiology or Agricultural Microbiology. The course enables postgraduates to work as qualified microbiologists, molecular biologists, researchers, and scientists according to national and international demand. Postgraduates become capable to use skills & techniques of modern molecular biology like Biostatistics in basic science research or in applied research areas like Epidemiology. They can also work proficiently as qualified scientists across a wide spectrum of job or organizational requirements.
Key Learning Outcomes
● Apply the conceptual and practical knowledge gained to promote better understanding of diverse multi-disciplinary fields related to microbiology
● Get acquainted with recent advances in the microcosm to perform research and make the outcomes available to the global scientific community
● Gain in-depth & specialized knowledge of various areas of microbiology to utilize the expertise for intended outcomes
● Explore various microbiological techniques to perform better across various areas of specialization in this field
● Enhance professional thinking to promote the best interests of science and create a better academic and professional environment
Microbiology is a pure science and rapidly developing as an inter-disciplinary subject that occupies a distinct position in various career fields whether in the public or private sector
The need for qualified microbiologists has been growing fast, especially for basic research and practical applications. Academic, scientific, technological, industrial, environmental, research & development, and service organizations perpetually look for dedicated professionals.
Several career paths, including entrepreneurship, exist for individuals interested in studying microbes, or using microbiological techniques in their daily job activities. At KCST, scholars imbibe deep know-how since this is the leading private institution for the advancement of Microbiology in the country and thus become eligible for fine jobs.
Careers by Area
Microbiologists, depending on their level of education and training, can choose their careers, or even create opportunities, for themselves according to their interests within the country and abroad. Career opportunities include:
● Hospitals & Medical Laboratories Medical & Clinical Microbiologists, Bacteriologists, Mycologists, Protozoologists, Immunologists, Parasitologists, and Virologists
● Pharmaceutical Companies Pharmacologists, Quality Control Officers, Medical Representatives, and Marketing Managers
● Governmental & Public Sector General Microbiologists, Public Health Microbiologists
● NGOs & INGOs Project Coordinator, Environmental & Healthcare Microbiologists
● Teaching, Research & Development Teachers, Instructors, and Research & Development Scientists
● Agriculture & Manufacturing Agricultural & Industrial Microbiologists and Operations Managers
● Food & Beverage and Chemical Industries Quality Assurance Officers and Food Microbiologists
● Self Employment Microbiology Laboratory Entrepreneurs, and Consultants
Semester I – The same in all the streams